View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 02:20 PM
CanadianPanther
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
GR tweeted that Matthias & Mules want to stay.

-ghoste
Loved to hear this. Matthias deserves a 3-4 year deal, he's taken the next step in his development this year. His play all season will make it tough on Dineen whether to slot him in the 2nd or 3rd line Center spot next year. I'd rather see him with Hubs and Mueller for the rest of the year, Shore can learn alot from watching Matthias.

I think a 2 year deal for Mueller would be ideal to prove his worth and see if he can reach a 40-50pt season. At 24 years of age, the ceiling for this kid could be raised as long as he's willing to keep working hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
This is great news. I really, really hope Tallon keeps the core together. If Weiss has made it clear that he won't return I would be ok with trading his rights away. As well as moving Kuba or Upshall if there are any takers.

But losing Goc, Kopecky, Flash or anyone else who has been mentioned would suck IMO. This season is an anomaly. Injuries have completely ruined us and our poor start dug us into a huge hole very early.

Like Tallon says, as we move along we will add pieces. If we draft a top pick again this year, we will finally have our 1-2 punch up front and be able to see our version of Crosby/Malkin, Getzlaf/Perry, Toews/Kane. Depth is an important part of success in this league and keeping most of our guys from last year is integral IMO.

This is great news. These two will be very important for us going forward. Two solid players that can play a good all-around game. I love what Matthias has developed into and Mueller is a great winger on the 2nd line who can fill in as a center from time to time, and with Matthias turning 25 in February, he's turning into the NHLer that he will be for the rest of his career.

Remember, not every prospect is of the Crosby/Skinner/Huberdeau type that can jump into the NHL and immediately make a significant impact. Shawn is developing just about at the right pace for an NHL power forward. Bigger guys take longer to find their game in the NHL and Matthias seems to have done that.
Kuba is a stopgap D-man and will probably be around for the remaining year. We all knew he wouldn't be an impact player or have a bomb like Garrison did. BTW, Kulikov has played 10 less games than Garrison, has one less point and makes $1.6 million less. I think Gillis will regret the length of that contract for Garrison.

Upshall won't attract any buyers with his cap hit because he can't stay healthy. I feel we need to bite the bullet on this one and re-evaluate his role on the team at next year's deadline if we are to trade him/keep him or buy him out.

I think Kopecky and Goc are the only two pieces available come Wednesday and I hope Tallon knows that both their values are worth more than their potential return. Kopy is a gritty, hard nosed guy that battles in dirty areas and has a scoring touch this year. A good fit for 3rd line duties at winger next year. Goc is also versatile in his own way on the PK and can produce offensively every couple games. He's also a good fit for 3rd or 4th line duties at Center next year.

Flash's contract/cap hit will scare most GM's away, the guy can still produce offensively and he's been without Weiss or Steeg the whole season. I still feel he can reach 50-60 pt seasons.

I don't see a huge move at the deadline this year from Tallon, this will be his last chance to choose/add to his young core of prospects with a potential top 5 pick and 31st-36th overall. As I said before, I only see Kopecky or Goc being available and I'd rather keep them for the remainder of their contracts leaving time for the youth to grow and develop. Hope everyone is having a GOOD FRIDAY!!!

Last edited by CanadianPanther: 03-29-2013 at 02:26 PM.