View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 03:56 PM
jabba2
GoulBourne Supremacy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Oh, I'm well aware Manning and Gus are still legitimate NHL prospects.

But we do have some bad luck honestly. Part of that has to do with injuries and the other half of it is how wishy-washy the Flyers are with defensive development.

Remember how much Bourdon was struggling in the AHL? Then he got a call-up and performed well. What's to say Manning wouldn't do the same if he were called up now?

It's a lot of throwing things at the wall and very little consistency. Couple that with some poorly timed injuries to guys like Bourdon, and you see where things get even more convoluted.

The only reason I want someone like Jones is so that the organization will be forced to commit to him moving in one direction, regardless of what that direction is. Right now, there is no committed direction of development for guys like Bourdon, Gustafsson, Manning, and Lauridsen. That's not entirely the organization's fault since those guys really haven't helped themselves much either, but I'm hoping the organization steadies itself with Gostisbehere.
Forwards like McGinn and Schenn looked fine in the AHL and showed when they were ready. So I do think quality of play should be a determining factor when to call up a defenseman. Its not like they are required to rack up points, just play effective in your end of the ice.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote