Thread: Value of: Derick Brassard to ANA
View Single Post
03-29-2013, 03:51 PM
HFB Partner
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
hows aucoin looking this year? something with aucoin+brassard would probably interest anaheim but only if aucoin could play top 4 minutes with fowler going forward

If he is just another bryan allen then never mind but that is an interesting scenario
Aucoin is more of a situational type defender these days. I don't think he would be helpful with top 4 minutes but do think he could help Fowler from a learning standpoint. He's lost a step and is more valuable because of experience and lockerroom leadership than his actual play on the ice. I think he's done a world of good for guys like Moore, Erixon, Prout and Goloubef in Columbus.

Brassard and Aucoin might be a good package for a team but not if you want him playing 22-24 min per night. I happen to think Brass is still valuable and has played well for most of the season. The CBJ offense is fairly devoid of talent on the wings and very few "scorers" exist on this team making it tough on any center. Brass is not a 3 zone dynamo but excellent on the PP and I think his 5v5 play has been solid.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote