View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Callagraves, do you still not think Callahan is a diver?

Callahan is frustrated, it sucks and he's not playing to his potential. But it still ultimately falls on Richards and Gaborik, they play well and the rest of the team will follow.
I've seen him embellish a call or two, but never full on dive. There's a distinction. A player who is lightly high-sticked and throws his head back is embellishing. a Player who holds on to another's stick and goes down to get a call is diving.

I've never seen out of him what I saw last night. I felt betrayed and violated, and I expect it to never happen again. I almost wasn't upset that our Powerplay was so ****ing outmatched, because we didn't deserve it anyways.

I said it 2 or 3 times, that is the worst game Ryan Callahan has ever played in the NHL. He's a solid offensive force, but can't, and shouldn't be consistently relied on to be a team's primary scoring threat. We have 3 other players for that. He's at his best when he's creating offense through physical play.

We saw him try too hard to be a primary scorer last night. It's a ubiquitous cliche, sounds like every interview ever, but he needs to get back to his game. Pucks deep, pucks to the net, bodies to the net. Yes, it's the same ******** we hear from every player, but that's his game.