View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 04:05 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFutureGuy3 View Post
I personally don't care that he is slumping because I know he will get out of it. He is good for 60 points a year. Aside from his point production, though, he brings nothing else.
He's great in the shootout.. I think he's got the best percentage on the team.. an area that is important this day and age, especially since we usually lose a lot of points in that area.

He also seems good in the locker room. I don't have proof, but it seems like everyone that plays with him loves him (Gallagher, Pacioretty, Cammalleri) and even a guy like Prust was pumped when he signed his contract.

He's a heart and soul guy, who is good for ~50-65 points per year, signed to a contract less than 50% more than what a guy like Moen makes.

If Desharnais is struggling his way to 50-points, what's he going to do when he catches on fire? Which, if history is an indication, he will.

Now before someone jumps down my throat, no, he's not playing well right now. And hasn't played well for a handful of games lately. I do think him and Pacioretty should take some time apart because they are are relying too much on "old tricks."

When Bourque returns, I wouldn't be against a line of Galchenyuk-Desharnais-Ryder as our third line. Pacioretty-Eller-Gallagher as our 2nd and our first staying the same as the start of the year. Our 3rd line would be putrid defensively, but they should be able to take advantage of the "soft" (I hate that term) minutes against defensive players.

We have so many options wonce we're healthy. We just need to get healthy because it kills our depth. Eller, offensively, has disappeared (he's still playing a great puck possession game but you can only do so much playing with Colby Armstrong for 15 minutes a game).

I also don't see a problem with having 4 centres. When the time comes, Eller or DD can play wing. Or maybe Galchenyuk will develop in a 1st line winger and never play center.. and honestly, so long as we are playing Top-4 in the conference hockey, who really cares?