View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 05:20 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I'm not talking about the instinctual head throw back from a legit high stick, I'm talking about the head thrown back like a hard high stick from being brushed.

Thinks somewhere between normal high stick and OV level. But another example would be a player who's being slashed with no call, and lets their leg out. It's not a dive, they're being slashed. Another player is committing a penalty on them. No, I'm not a fan of it, but it's an entirely different subject from someone who PRETENDS someone is committing a penalty. It's why i hate the simultaneous Diving/tripping penalty. If it was a trip, it can't be a dive. make embellishment a penalty if you want, but dont give a penalty to a player for pretending to be trippped, and another one to a player for tripping. It's a paradox.
I don't know how you can differentiate between the two by just looking at a player pulling their head back. I've seen a few players do just that because they probably thought they were going to get hit. I label that as reflex and not embellishing, unless the player starts holding his face and acting like they did get hit.

The rest of your post, I made a similar statement just a few days ago. The league calling embellishments as dives is creating confusion.