View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Sorinth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
You have very good timing.

This was from the Canadiens website in an article about Prust possibly returning to play against the Rangers.

“He always tells me to keep my game simple, to go in the corners or to move the puck. He helps me alot. It’s great playing with him,” explained Galchenyuk, who clearly took Prust’s lessons to heart in playoff-type atmospheres at the CONSOL Energy Center and TD Garden on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. “Other teams may not be looking not to hit when he’s around, because everyone plays aggressively all the time. But, when there are tie-ups in front of the net, it’s more secure when Brandon is around. ”

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=662759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You know that they'll come and deny or downplay that or better, they'll ignore it. Ridiculous really...
Actually we would just point out this part of the quote "Because everyone plays aggressively all the time".

So a fighter doesn't discourage cheap shots, or scare the opposition into playing smaller/cleaner, or even make his teammates play bigger. As so many people have claimed, he only calms down the after whistle scrums. Are the Habs winning/losing the games because there is too much pushing/shoving after the whistle?

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote