View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Richter Scale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
If you've been watching the Rangers for any length of time (current coaches tenure) you'll be able to count on one hand the players that had any ability to push the puck up ice.

With all due respect, I prefer not to get into a discussion on players that were/are no longer on the team. I don't have the energy, after watching the brand of boring hockey we play.
I agree, this team doesn't have a ton of guys with consistent puck skills. But you seemed to say that they got rid of a ton of puck skill guys because Torts said so...

I've been a fan since the early 90s, and watched religiously starting after 94 -- and no, I have no clue who you're talking about. Which players have been pushed out because of Torts?

The only one that I can think you're possibly referencing is PA Parenteau... and I'll say yea, fine that was a bad call.

But if you're really also alluding to Olli Jokinen, Vinny Prospal, Drury, Avery, Wolski, Lisin, Frolov, or Christensen, then all I can do is laugh at this comment. Are those the players you're really referencing? Because those are the only players (ignoring the FA's this year which are all on Sather) who left this team while Torts was a coach. Do you really think any one of those guys would be a net benefit on this team right now?