View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 04:49 PM
SimonKnightsman

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=RayzorIsDull;62716421][QUOTE=krazy kanuck;62689475]I'll answer your question in a second, because if that's what you're focusing on I think you may have missed the points of my post, which is that the Blades sweep is not an embarrassment and shouldn't have a bearing on the decision process. To elaborate:

- The references he stated are largely Eastern opinions, and I wonder how many of those games they actually watched? The Blades were a very good team this year that ran into a goalie who played out of his skull. They outshot the Tigers and averaged 40 something shots a night. They aren't the first team that's been taken down by a hot tender. Any #1 or #2 seed could potentially go down in that situation, and I don't think that it's the embarrassment that those references are making it out to be. Moreover, it won't be "Biggest upset of #CHL 1st rd is complete" as Broadhead has suggested if Belleville and/or Rimouski keeps going the way they are... That's a little premature of a comment at least, could even be considered uneducated.
Quote:

Exactly too much teeth gnashing about what happened with Saskatoon. You should also mention a possible bigger upset happening in the WHL.

Seattle #7 seed is up 3-1 on #2 seed Kelowna

Kelowna goal differential of 131
Seattle goal differential of -76

Yet you don't hear a peep about that series for some reason. Saskatoon didn't get the job done but Medicine Hat at least had some decent metrics in their favor such as -1 goal differential, there was only a 19 point differential between the 2 teams. Kelowna and Seattle there's a 50 point differential. If Seattle somehow wins one of the next three it will be the biggest upset in recent CHL playoff history. Im sure Simon or Phlyer would somehow rationalize the Saskatoon-Medicine Hat series was a bigger upset though.
Last time I looked that series is still going. Also Kelowna has not quite lost the first 3 like the Blades did.
4 games, 4 goals....wow yeah their a powerhouse . The WHL BC & US divisions are always tougher than the east more often than not.

This will have some bearing on the selection committee .... Bank it.

SimonKnightsman is offline   Reply With Quote