View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Chris, don't think ee don't remember your views on schenn before trading for him, and your complete 180 on him within weeks of the trade....before even watching him play for your team. the fact that he's getting #3 minutes on one of the worst teams in hockey this year doesn't prove that he's improved.

meszaros has only ever excelled in bottom pair protected roles....with ottawa as a youngster and with you guys the first year. any time he has been used as a top 4 dman....witj tampa and now with you guys....he has struggled badly.

nick grossman was a solid 18-19mpg #5 borderline #4 dman in dallas, and is the exact same player for philly now.
I have no issue slamming the Flyer players. But you are wrong about Schenn. Living in Atlantic Canada, I saw lots of Schenn last year. He is MUCH better this year. dropping weight has made a big difference. As for the other D, agree with Mez. Excellent #5. This year he has been hurt too much to see if he could be more. Personally, I wanted to see Kimmo with Coburn again. Then Grossman and Schenn as a shut down D and then Mez with Gus. But really, I think the real issue is the coach has refuse to alter his system to fit the personel. Asking Schenn and Grossman to pinch in all the time is stupid. Let them back off UNLESS they have support from a forward. Basic hockey that we all learned, yet Lavi pushes them to go,go,go.