View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Richter Scale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
I think each of jokinen, prospal, avery, and christensen would be helpful. jokinen/prospal/christensen in giving us that semi decent offensive threat from the third line center spot and pushing boyle to the 4th line. avery for his ability to skate, agitate, and actually contribute offensively a little bit from a bottom line role.
Avery: I can see your point, but don't mind him being off the team. Not a huge fan of his game. He is a completely unnecessary distraction both on the ice and in the locker room.

Jokinen: Tell me how we fit a $4.5 million cap hit on the third line of this team.

Prospal: I'd agree that he improves the third line. But again - he has a cap hit of $2.5 million; that doesn't leave a ton of - if any - room. And regardless, he's 38. That makes this team older - and while it maybe helps for a year or two, its not the direction I'd really like to see the team head.

Christensen: Meh. He was fine in his role, but there are plenty of other players out there I'd rather see Sather pursue for a 3C role.