View Single Post
Old
08-12-2006, 11:55 PM
Goalie3636

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
remember, the thrashers played a fair chunk of the season with their #2, #3, and even #4 goalies.

And they still came close to making the post season.

With a young stud like Kari lehtonen healthy and a little more seasoned, its not far fetched at all to think that the thrashers will make the post season.

Sure, they lost savard, but really, I dont think its a loss thats going to severely hurt the thrashers. Kovalchuk and hossa will still put up their points and they can find someone else to ride shotgun with them.

a couple pretty good teams always miss the playoffs these days and montreal might be one of them.

I thought the rangers overacheived last season and I will be very interested to see how they come out. Jagr's attitude can change from season to season. Lundqvist is going to need to duplicate his stellar rookie season. I dont think I'd pick them to finish as high as 4th. Also, the pittsburgh ranking of 12th also bewilders me. Their major problems still have not been resolved. Their goaltending is under too much stress for an inconsistent youngster and the D is still sub par.
Savard won't be a great loss? Every single one of them had career years.
Savard - 97 points (44 better than his previous best)
Kovalchuk - 98 points (11 better than his previous best)
Hossa - 92 points (10 better than his previous best)

Hossa and Kovalchuk are both snipers and won't be able to set each other up and right now it looks like it will either be Bobby Holik, who is aging and probably won't even be able to keep up with those two, setting them up. I can guarantee that there will be a big decrease in Hossa's and Kovalchuk's point total and goal totals.

Goalie3636 is offline   Reply With Quote