View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I think Jarmo is saying to himself are these guys as good as that recent 8-0-4 stretch or are they more like before and after? I'm thinking they aren't as good as recently shown, nor as bad as they started.

Overall I think we need to add offense for next year. CAM's & Calvert's performance last night notwithstanding, I just don't see us being a real good team until we add some guys we can count on for 25-30 goals and who can create some of their own chances rather than just slapping in a well guided rebound.

I am concerned that with 12-13 guys signed for next year, there is no room to add players through free agency although trades are always a possibility.
I think Jarmo is making evaluations of individual and group play and dynamics irrespective of whether the team wins or loses. Of course, the way a team wins or loses can play into that evaluation, but I don't think 8-0-4 or 0-3 make a whole lot of difference in the grand scheme.

There are certainly questions regarding the roster and who might be on or or could be added to it. The team could certainly use a player who slots in the top 6, whether that be a high draft pick or free agent or via trade.