Thread: Rumor: Devils pursuing Jagr?
View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 06:39 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
They already shipped out their captain for a prospect.

Obviously if they think they can make it they'll keep him, but with the West being as tight as it is Joe might want to commit to a rebuild.
Yes and no. GM Joe is a curious dude. Basically, he was never going to re-sign Morrow. He didn't want him back next season. After being burned by losing assets for nothing, he's learned to trade his assets.

However, Morrow really wasn't that big of a contributor to Dallas. He had some points this year, and he actually played well a handful of games this year ... but he doesn't make or break Dallas' playoff chances. They have young guys that will easily replace him.

Now ... reports indicate they can't sign Roy even though they want to. Same thing applies here though, he'll trade him rather than lose him for nothing. Unlike Morrow, losing Roy does hurt their playoff chances. At that point, IMO, it doesn't make sense to not be a seller.

Most people don't believe Jagr will be traded. If he signs a contract extension, I'm fine with keeping him. However, if he won't sign, IMO they have to ship him out ... just like Morrow and Roy. Unfortunately, some think they won't do that because they really believe that even if they can't sign Jagr right now, they'll be able to sign him in the summer. They don't want to ruin that relationship. I think it's BS, but that's just my opinion.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote