View Single Post
03-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Registered User
CapnCornelius's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,986
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by davidbklyn View Post
We're still in the mix, but this road trip has definitely hurt our chances. With the deadline looming, do you think Jarmo will be content to let this season continue to play out?

The streak turned the season around for a couple of weeks, but the reality of this team before the streak and perhaps now, on this road trip, is that they are unlikely to make the playoffs. JK seems like an aggressive guy (or wait, is it arrogant? ), the opposite of Howson in that he won't wait around on things. If he's going to make a call on this season I think it's not unlikely that he decides we are sellers and starts making deadline moves. The potential Letestu extension may be a prelude to that.

Tomorrow's game will provide more clarity. If we lose, I think we see some trades.

But I have no idea what they might be, aside from the obvious Aucoin deal.
I think he'd be foolish to be anything other than a seller at this point. The remaining schedule is too much. We needed to make up ground this week and instead we've fallen behind. I don't think tonight's game is enough to go the other direction or even to hold out. I think Jarmo has to start moving forward with whatever plan he's put in place for a seller scenario (and I'm sure there is such a plan). I'll be interested to see what happens with a guy like Brassard and a few others. I don't expect a great deal of movement and I think we might be better served given the type of players we are likely to trade, to either get prospects or young roster players--I don't think we'll see another first round pick added unless JK surprises me by trading Prospal. We'll acquire veterans in free agency or in trades over the summer and I view most picks beyond the first round to be of less value than prospects.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote