Thread: Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Defenseman Conor Allen
View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 07:24 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
I have no problem resigning the 3 d-men to AHL contracts ,it makes no sense signing any of them to NHL deals.
It makes quite a lot of sense actually. Our AHL team is going to have to have some veteran leadership on the backline---this year, next year and every year into the future and you're not going to sign any proven AHL/professional d-men to AHL contracts (they have their hopes and dreams too)--they'll simply sign with other franchises which will hurt the development of your better prospects--sticking them in situations they're not ready to handle--especially those just turning pro. Personally I think Pyett has had an excellent year and Vernace not far behind and to be honest from what little I've seen I'd prefer either over Gilroy. Parlett's a younger player and this has been his best season which tells us what?--mostly that he's continuing to get better--whether that means he'll be a regular NHL d-man is one thing but what you look for in any prospect is his continuing to improve--when he stops doing that--that's what you got. Parlett is getting better.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote