View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 08:54 PM
McShiva
5-14-6-1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsman View Post
Interesting thoughts, but is NYR really looking to deal one of their defensive core? You would have to think Edm would want someone from there for sure, and I think if they add enough to Hemsky it could be possible, but I'm just not sure if NYR considers this.

Any NYR followers / fans that could add their input?
They have a LOT of defense men there. I figure at least 8 of them are at NHL level, and you can only really play 6 at a time. As well, they could do with some vet help. I'm not sure what their PP stats are like, but if they are weak, Whitney would be a very good fit as a 3rd pair D and also to run their power play.

It's a real good fit between the two. NYR are overloaded on defense, but could use help with the offense, and maybe need help on power play, while Edmonton is overloaded at the front, but need help at the back end badly. Since the Oilers are top 5 for both PP and PK, they can give up in that area as well, as Potter/Smyth fill in quite regularly.

Be a "hockey" trade, where both teams lose a bit of their strength, but shore up their weakness as well.

McShiva is offline   Reply With Quote