View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 10:55 PM
krazy kanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Are you sure about this? Because Misissauga was announced the host on May 11th, and I remember Branch had the decision pushed back as it was originally supposed to be named in early May, which would have been during the League Championship between Windsor and Barrie.

Windsor was down 3-0 to Kitchener on April 18th, won the series on April 25th. The original date to announce the host was supposed to be May 3rd.

When is the final decision made by the selection committee? Windsor made it's bid on April 14th - so safe to assume all teams were around then. Even assume Spits were the last to make their presentation - if the selection committee took a week to decide the Spits series would have been at 3-2 Kitchener on April 22nd.

I'd assume their decision would be made closer to the unveiling date, so in this case would have been made closer to May3rd, so the likelihood would be that their decision would be made after Windsor came back to beat Kitchener in seven games.
I'm pretty sure all teams present on the same day, and we'll go with your date of April 14th. I'd assume they make the decision sometime before the morning of the announcement...I'm thinking within a week of the presentations. Regardless, at the very least the Spitfires hat not yet won their second straight Mem Cup at the time of the decision.

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote