Thread: Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Canadiens 3/30/13
View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Lerb

vCash: 500
I find it very difficult to contribute with my posts when the only thing I have to say about all of this, whether it's for the sake of change or not, is fire John Tortorella. Look at how badly players slump in Torts' system. Look at how Pyatt comes in and scores 3 in 5, Rupp last year scores early in Vancouver, Frolov gets a few in the first stretch, Asham whose been in and out of Torts' system due to injury scores a few and after a while, no one scores, ever. Kreider came into the playoffs without the intense defensive coaching and system instilled in him and was our best offensive player in many games, Miller comes up and plays and scores 2 against NYI and goes stone cold soon after. Skilled players who can't grind slumps, defense isn't contributing, bottom 6 is scoring as many goals as the amount of bites I get from a cupcake. It's like a neuter house.

The firing of John Tortorella will be a liberating experience for all of the players in the locker room. It's hard to say that's not going to be the case. When that's the reality, why aren't we firing the coach?