View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Sorinth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I did a quick Google search for absurd studies. I dont know nor do I care what the agendas were for those studies. There are agendas or else they would not have been funded.

Until they can come up with a statistic that shows what a skill player in the NHL is thinking when they have an enforcer or someone willing to stand up for them on the ice/bench that night, then I guess we will have to rely on actual hockey players like Galchenyuk to determine whether they feel they are of use or not.

Boston gooned it up against the Canucks and they skated off with the Cup. So much for that conventional wisdom.
So what agenda did the pigeon study have?

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what the player thinks is good for him. Guy Lafleur smoked between periods, I'm sure at the time he would have told you it helped his game. If an enforcer helps it would show up in the Wins column or at least in Goals Scored.

As far as Boston goes no won said gooning it up prevents you from winning, it's just not a very effective strategy. Which is why the teams that fight the most have won 2 cups in the last 30 years and teams that fight the least have won 11 over the same time.

Sorinth is online now   Reply With Quote