View Single Post
Old
03-29-2013, 11:42 PM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 View Post
Look at the interview with Seattles other 1st round pick in 2012(Keegan Kolesar). Him and Barzal were both 1st rounders in that year for Seattle... such a difference in the drive to wanna play for whoever drafts him... love it

http://mynorthwest.com/745/2239231/C...Keegan-Kolesar
You seem to be closely affiliated with the Seattle organization, so I'd suggest taking a look in the mirror and realizing there's a reason why Barzal and his family are doing their due diligence.
It's not just about who else reports and how the team is shaping up.
The organization has turned out a minimal amount of NHL players over the past 15 years (Laich, Marleau, Thompson, undrafted FA Dillon, and fringe NHL'er Hickey), missed the playoffs in three of the past four years in a league in which nearly 75% of the teams make the playoffs, recently had a 15 game losing streak, and is by most accounts, poorly managed.
To insinuate that Barzal's character is lesser simply because he has options and is exploring them is despicable.
He's 15 and this decision will play a huge part in the rest of his life.

Personally, I'm pro-CHL and if I had a child that was drafted by the current Seattle brass, I'd explore all of my options too.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote