Old
03-30-2013, 12:16 AM
cpsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaveras4pres View Post
ranger fans will tell you different

i wouldnt want whitney for a bag of pucks his mobility is shot

its sad when he first got to Edmonton he was damn good, but he cant skate anymore
You are right about Whitney. He's a shadow of his former self. He could probably turn it around on a playoff team with extra support as a third pairing D-man. But it is a risk for the team trading for him.

That being said, in regards to Hemsky, I agree with SDig14. I know rangers fans want a lot for their defensemen, but like I said Hemsky is significant piece. Like I said, I don't think Whitney + 1st is what is needed to get a defenseman out of NYR (for one that they would be willing to trade). The reason being is that Oilers would easily refuse that trade, because we are in a situation where we don't have to trade Hemsky.

Unlike Calgary, we aren't going through a fire sale like we were in previous years. Hemsky has been productive with the Oilers, and we know what we are getting with him. He makes a great top 6 scoring forward thats reasonable in his own zone, and the fans here love him. Why do we need to trade him if we need to give up so much with him in a package?

The only way I would do that is if we add a lot to get a top pairing defenseman. That will not happen before the trade deadline as teams will be retaining their top tier defensemen. Offseason....maybe (if Oilers pay up)

cpsman is online now   Reply With Quote