Old
03-30-2013, 02:08 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
All of them get wrecked, and there is a bunch of better goalies than Bryz playing in them.
There of course is exceptions like Lehtonen in Dallas, or goalies in St.Louis, but bad defensive teams have bad goalie stats, and great defensive teams have good goalie stats to an extent.
Edmonton is the worst defensive team in the league by far. If you watch them for a few games, you'll see what I mean. Yet somehow, Dubnyk blows Bryz away. Buffalo is a debacle as well, and Miller is doing better than Bryz. Ward and Ellis on Carolina, another defensive disaster worse then the Flyers, have outperformed Bryz. Tampa Bay's goalies have outperformed Bryz. Ottawa has been completely decimated by defensive injuries, and somehow Anderson leads the league. The Avalanche have sucked, and their goalies have outperformed Bryz.

Lots of goalies on bad teams have done better than Bryz. The guy isn't worth his contract, especially when you consider that he'll be entering his decline in 2-3 years...and there's still a lot of time on his contract after that.

There's also that Bob guy, who plays on a mediocre/bad CBJ team who routinely spends whole periods getting shelled in their own end...he holds up very well somehow, and elevates his team and makes them better than they are. Something Bryz doesn't do. It's been two nearly two months since Bryz has been responsible for making the Flyers better on his own. He's been along for the ride at best, or making the ride bumpier. He has a cap hit that indicates he should be better than that.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 03-30-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote