View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 02:33 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg12lw View Post
yes, i suppose its better to be the oilers and win the lottery every year and never make the playoffs

apparently its just me (and a handful of others) but i'd rather be a flyer fan over the last 20 years, being a cup contender every year, than a ****ing pens fan and sucking dick for 13 of those years but winning enough lotterys to "build" a cup contender

**** that

play to win. period.

if you want your team to lose, you're rooting for the wrong ****ing franchise

**** anyone who hopes we lose (flyers "fan" or not). **** this thread. **** a top 5 pick. lets win some ****ing hockey games
sorry bro, but teams have to build through the draft to be successful. I didn't know sucking for one season and holding out for one of the best prospects to come out in years was the same thing as being the Oilers or the Penguins from a few years ago. Maybe if you took a pill and got a clue, you'd be able to figure out that getting a player like Seth Jones is playing to win for a loooooooong ass time. Getting stuck with the same **** defense as last season =/= playing to win.

You can question my fanhood all you want with quotations, but I know that I'm more of a Flyers fan than you'll ever be, simply because I can accept realism and I know what it takes for this team to improve for the better. But yeah, if you'd like this team to squeak into the playoffs and get themselves embarrassed and land us a 16th overall pick, instead of a 3rd...go ahead and keep that foolish dream alive.

Just remember what got us Philly fans our infamy...booing Santa Claus. And what set those Eagles fans off? The team getting a MEANINGLESS win at the end of the season, moving down the draft board and missing out on OJ Simpson. If you have a shot at Seth Jones in this flukey ass season, you go for it.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote