View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 02:33 AM
jonesin 4 jones

vCash: 500
If you want my very unexpert opinion on the matter, I think you guys are a bit too overly confidant that our prospects are going to become contributors in the big show. I see no way in hell that Barrie or Elliot will become top-pairing quality defenders. There is no reason we should rely on the two of them to be paired with EJ in the future. Maybe Barrie can for now but to build a quality team, I just don't see it. We would definitely be better off with a good (good being key) vet like Yandle than trying to rely too much on the kids.

That said, from what I've read in this thread, not one person has mentioned who I think is our best prospect, Duncan Siemens. I have never watched him and am basing it on what I've read here and his draft position so I may be wrong, but I think Duncan will have the biggest impact on our defense long term. RS did say (I think in the prospects thread) that Duncan could potentially be ready for the bigs next year. I would absolutely love Jones on this team too and having a Siemens-Jones pairing could be fun. I may be over rating the two a bit but whatever. I do like Wilson too though so idk. I don't want to rely too much on our rookies either. I want the scrubs gone though, especially Hunwick. I want him off this team.

Throw the rookies into the fire (assuming Jones drafted and no trades for a quality Dman. Yandle over Wilson would make a good D core, especially as the rookies mature. If we don't draft Seth, stick David in there instead and pretend we will be ok)

Wilson-EJ
Hejda-Barrie
Siemens-Jones
O'Brien

Let em grow. Upgrade Wilson soon. Hope for the best.

I feel hypocritical in this post. I probably am or maybe I'm just tired and ADD or something. Anyone want to give me a cookie?

jonesin 4 jones is offline   Reply With Quote