View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 03:32 AM
Shanahanigans

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Oilers question- I don't know how many of you guys follow them closely, but I did earlier on, but now not as much. I find it peculiar that Hemsky is on the third line and Paajarvi is moved up on the second. Although MPS' play has picked up recently, I think Hemsky has been one of their most valuable players this year (Hall is obviously the most). I know they were messing with the lines (even before RNH was out for a couple games) with a line including Hall/Horcoff/Hemsky and it was pretty solid.
To answer your question: The last game, our coach actually played Hemsky instead of Yakupov on the 2nd line. The reason Paajarvi is put on that line, though, is because all of Gagner, Hemsky, and Yakupov aren't great defensively. Paajarvi is great defensively, and is way beyond his years in the D zone. Also, a line of Hemsky with Yakupov and Gagner would be pretty small. Paajarvi is 6'3 210 lb, and has gotten much grittier this year, so it adds a different element to the second line.

Hemsky is the definition of enigma. He'll dominate some games, disappear the next few. Against the blue Jackets for example, he made a couple of boneheaded plays that resulted in goals against, but was creating a ton offensively, and scored a highlight reel game winner. He's pretty redundant here because Eberle pretty much took his spot as first line RW last year.