View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 03:01 AM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
I have no clue how you can possibly think Cousins deserved to be on the top 50 list. By all accounts he's going to be a 3rd line grinder w/ the ceiling on him a mediocre 2nd liner.

Laughton I can see MAYBE cracking the top 50, but again most scouts have him pegged as a #2C/#3C Tell me, which guys in the top 50 were you outraged to see ranked ahead of Laughton? Because on a quick glance, I didn't really see any terrible picks. I guess you could say there's a few 2012 draftees on that list who are ranked ahead of Laughton purely because they went ahead of him in the draft, but IDK, it doesn't seem like Laughton being left off was a terrible mistake to me. I'm excited about him as a prospect, but realistically he's not top 50 in the NHL RIGHT NOW... that could all change though if he sustains the level of play he's shown after he was sent back.

The one thing that's semi-frustrating is the inconsistency with which they handle guys who have gotten rather old. Like Brendan Smith. Kid is 24 and has 0 goals, 3 assists in 24 games for the Red Wings this year. Does he really belong in the top 15? What about Ryan Ellis... offense only defenseman, he's 22, he's played 60 unspectacular games in the NHL, and he was decidedly mediocre in the AHL this year too... don't think he belongs in the top 30.
It wouldn't surprise me if Cousins ended up the better player...he reminds me of marchand