Thread: Value of: Nino Niederreiter to Calgary
View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 03:29 AM
mitchy22

vCash: 500
AMac, Nino and Reasoner for Gio and Glencross. ;-)

By the way, is there even any chance these guys are listing the Islanders? I also know that Glencross will most likely be remaining. Reasoner is a warm body and a contract off us. I figure AMac will probably be cost-controlled, but it's hard to value for me so I figured I'd toss it out there. Helps the Islanders mix at forward and defense, but there's no reason to force the trade right now (even as I realize it's unlikely anyways.)

As far as Mad Mike is concerned, we're talking about one prospect here, not resetting the whole rebuild. I also favor Nino less than Nelson or Strome, so I'll show my cards on that one.

I may as well add that I'm perfectly fine standing pat or adding depth, but I'd rather hit the ground running into 2015 and it'll be easier on the kids that get here before then if we upgrade the current roster. Having said that, if Strome is about to land in Bridgeport, I don't need to rush a trade like this. The Islanders may be better served considering this season as gravy even if their "built more like a .500 hockey club" might sneak into the playoffs. No reason why they won't look to free agency and trades once the purse opens up. There's also little reason for them to rush Nino out the door without a 1A goalscoring center or top line RW coming back. I do think the Isles should get closer to next year's floor before free agency hits. It wouldn't be good for us to look desperate to add salary at that time.

Edit - I'd see us more likely to add salary at the draft. I also think it'll be more like the Visnovsky deal unless the perfect piece is coming our way.

Mitch

Last edited by mitchy22: 03-30-2013 at 03:35 AM.
mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote