View Single Post
03-30-2013, 03:58 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I think that decision was made after Kaberle was played a bit and Bergevin saw no trade interest.

Which is too bad. I think he SHOULD be able to play for a weaker team that needs a PP guy who can also get point ES.
Other GMs know what we are doing. They know Kaberle is there, and that he is not good enough for our team, but that he is useful. Playing him makes no diff.

Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I agree. Unlike some other fans here, I don't believe we have to do the Halak versus Price thing all over again.

I think BOTH Beaulieu and Tinordi will be big players for us for years. Either one has the potential of being Norris-trophy candidates, one as a future Brian Campbell and the other as a future Rod Langway.

OR they could just be good players.

It is indeed going to be fun watching to find out.

I feel like this is 1973 again, and Lafleur, Robinson, Wilson and Gainey were the up and comers on a team with decent vets already.

We didn't know how it would turn out (three out of four hit their potential!!) but it was fun watching.
Wilson was an effective player for us, or he would not have played. There were no second rate players on those teams.

Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
If someone has a shot at it for us, outside of P.K., who will win it this year, it's Brolieu.
He has the talent to be a 50-60 first pairing Dman.

Keep in mind that what you want from a Dman at first is good physical attributes(Check) and good offensive instinct(Chaching.). Defensive instinct can be taught.
Agreed. The Rover position is returning to the NHL. The dangerous 4th man. We have Subby, and Beaulieu could be another one.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote