Old
03-30-2013, 05:26 AM
MetaOil1993

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Edm: Grabovski, Gardiner
Tor: Smid, Khabi, Belanger, Edmonton's 1st 2014

I am super tired right now so I am sorry if this seems terrible.

Toronto does this because they have a good shot at a deep playoff run this year if they fill holes.
Khabi has always been a playoff performer and would provide a ton of experience with little risk as he is a UFA this summer.
Smid will bring a ton of reliability and grit to their blueline. Belanger is a cap toss in but he is responsible defensively and wins most of his faceoffs.

Edmonton does this because we have more stay at home D than we do puck moving D. Whitney will likely be traded leaving a hole their that Potter won't be able to fill.
Grabovski gives us a talented 2-way center and with Belanger being traded we save on an amnesty buyout.

Feel free to flame it, but I do believe a deal around Smid for Gardiner makes sense for both teams.
Awful for both teams. Smid is a UFA so how would a deal around him and Gardiner make sense for Toronto? And no thanks on Grabo. Good player but to high of a cap hit for us to take when we need to sign Gagner and RNH in the coming years plus we still have Horcoff and his 5.5m cap hit.

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote