View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 05:55 AM
Clown Baby*

vCash: 500
This team's probably the toughest team to play against, purely speaking of physicality, in recent history. Lindros' Flyers had Kordic, Podein, and that's pretty much it. There were other guys in the mix like Otto, Dykhuis, and Antowski, but they were serviceable.

Primeaus' Flyers were woefully imbalanced. We had Roenick and Primeau down the middle banging bodies. Everyone else was of a differnet mold entirely (Timander, Somik, Amonte, Zhamnov, Malakhov, etc.) The only other exceptions: Markov the rental, and Brashear the stereotypical goon.

Richards and his group (2010) were pretty impressive, I'll admit. Richards, Hartnell, Pronger, Laperriere, Carcillo, Asham, and Powe, those were guys that would come after you every single night trying to get you off your game.

Now, we have Simmonds and Hartnell playing roll of Roenick. Little Schenn is doing more than we've ever expected of Carcillo, Asham, et. al. Talbot's very comparable to Laperriere sans the scraps. And then you have Grossmann, Mez (when healthy), other Schenn, Rinaldo, and whatever is in the pipe-line, whether that be McGinn, Cousins, or Laughton. Hell, they could all end up with the Flyers someday.

The group's fine.

--------------------

Had to laugh a bit when I double-checked to see when we had Richardson and McGillis... 1998-2002. Then I started going down the list. Berube was from 1988 to 1991. Gratton, Cote, and Eager lasted from 2006 to the start of 2010. Fedoruk started in 2001, lasted until 2005 (played one post-season game in '04), and then came back for '07. It's almost like the worst moments in Flyers' history have coincided with dressing players that have no puck skills to speak of.

Last edited by Clown Baby*: 03-30-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Clown Baby* is offline   Reply With Quote