View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 06:12 AM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
First years in the playoffs seem pretty comparable then, other then the fact that Tuukka won a series (out dueling one of the best in the game in Miller) and Thomas didn't.

How good anyone thinks Tuukka is is completely subjective, but it's hard to argue that he isn't good enough (if that makes any sense). Christ, if Fleury can win a Cup Tuukka most certainly can, the guys a frickin sieve. If the problem is the team needs a goalie who can save their rears consistently and have legendary performances, then the problem isn't that we have a really good starter who needs to be far better is it? No, the problem is we have a team that relies on their goalie having a legendary performance.
It's pretty much this for years, to be honest. Our goaltending make our blueline look better then she really is. I mean... Aside Chara and Seid, what do you we have? Hamilton is a young player who learn his craft. Ference, well... McQuaid,Boychuk, Johnson? All decent guys but... who get easily burned when they have to face a speedy and skilled forward. It's not coincidence that, most of the time, our D-man are going to the box for hooking. They can't skate with their guys. At first, i though that fixing the top 6 was a HUGE priority but the more i look at this blueline, the more i think that a major shuffle is needed. For now, Chiarelli will "patch" but there's no way he's in a position to upgrade significantly this team to the point that they can be considered as a serious contender. The fact that PC tried to acquire Morrow and then Iginla is a clear signal, IMHO, that our GM know that something MAJOR is missing.

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote