Thread: Player Discussion: Iginla II
View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 08:38 AM
TCL40

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchandNoseBest View Post
Yeah, I'm expecting the same. I can't blame Chia for this deadline no matter what unless he overpays outrageously just to land someone. He found the perfect fit in Iginla and aggressively targeted him and got a deal done until the player went back on his word. Now there just isn't much available and the best thing could very well be to do minor tweaking.

But this once again shows that you don't go into the season relying on the trade deadline to improve. I won't be pissed at Chia if he does nothing/does minimal tweaking for reasonable prices, but he HAS to be more aggressive in the summer. He has been as aggressive as anyone while remaining intelligent about what he gives up at the deadline over the years, but it's actually fair to say that he has sit on his hands in the off-season in the last 2 years.
I really do not understand why Chia didn't try to make some moves last summer. I know his hands were tied during the lock out, but no reason for last summer. Bourque doesn't count-he was traded for with the knowledge he might be a project.

I also feel pretty strongly that the front office expected and anticipated Caron being ready to step into that 3rd line position.