View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 09:47 AM
SgtJoseph*

vCash: 500
Sadly the ERA of the broadstreet bullies style of Hockey has been gone for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. The NHL will not stand for it due to passing their anti fighting agenda influenced rules and regulations....I honestly feel sad for you younger folks who did not get to see the NHL back in the 60s and 70s when you could easily recocognize your favorite player because they typically did not have a helmet on and they looked much more life like than todays over protected, over padded, over regulated NHL player.......
The Broadstreet bullies term has been WAY over used when folks still try and somehow equate the Flyers of the last 20 years as bullies etc......I honestly laugh at that, but deep inside wish it was true !Our club is the highest penalized team in the league which is a BIG reason we are down in the standings along with injuries etc, but our club is not even in the top 5 as far as toughness in my view....
I can still remember as a young 15 0r 16 year old driving over from S Jersey over to the Spectrum to watch the Flyers play the Bruins, or Leafs, Black hawks etc........The car was filled with excitement because we knew darn well there was gonna be a DONNYBROOK ! To quote the late Don Earle. Those were the Broadstreet Bullies !

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 03-30-2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: No politics on team forums
SgtJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote