View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
Like the winningest coach in NHL history Scotty Bowman saying "If you have a guy that just specializes in fighting, itís a handicap"
If Scotty Bowman is truly thinking this, he's hypocritical. Look at his roster when he won in Montreal and come back to tell me that he did it without toughness in his line-ups. Yes, I'll take the word of a player on the ice prior to a coach off the ice, as good as he might be, especially when that said coach made a living with tough players (for the most part).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
Is this supposed to be a reply to me? Weak if so. Galchenyuk is talking about Prust, a player who plays on the same line as Galchenyuk.

Find me a quote about Galchenyuk saying 'I'd find the scrums so much more secure if we had a big goon sitting on the bench picking his nails and watching Milan Lucic facewash me' and he might start to be supporting the generic 'must get a goon'.

Now, if you think you're arguing with anyone who thinks Prust's physical contribution is not useful to the Habs, fine. I'm not really sure who that is though.
If I'm addressing you, I'll quote you... just as I did right now. If you felt like the hat fit, that's your feeling.

For the record, if you look at my posts in this thread, yes I'm calling out those who are against fighting or mostly, those who mistakenly think it has no effect on a team. But you'll also notice that I've been signing the same song since the beginning: no Bordeleau or any other guy who plays 5 minutes a game. I want guys who can skate 10 minutes plus.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote