View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Whileee

vCash: 500
I am assuming that the Jets will not be willing/able to re-sign Hainsey.

In that case, I think it makes sense to trade him for picks/prospects, as long as the selling price is high enough. For me, a pick in the top 40 this year would be enough return for him.

I am less interested in trading Antropov, since I don't think the return would be that great. However, if the return is good (I'd prefer a decent 3rd line forward prospect with size and speed), then I think the Jets should consider it. There would be nothing stopping them from re-signing him in the off-season anyway.

I would not favour trying to trade picks or prospects for a roster player right now. This is absolutely the worst time in terms of value for doing this.

I would always be open to the right trade of player for player, especially if it strengthens the forward position. However, I would not favour trading one of our more attractive pieces (Burmi or Buff) at this point in time. I think that the trade value for Burmi will be too low relative to his potential, and I still think that Buff is one of the few players in the league that can be a true playoff beast (though I still think that he needs to trim down a bit to continue to log big minutes, especially in the playoffs).