View Single Post
Old
08-13-2006, 03:13 PM
pepperMonkey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
I'm not calling him a ******, but he's just not ready. I could see him getting a call-up or even giving him a regular shift on the 3rd or 4th line this year. But right now he's an AHL player and that's where he belongs for at least one more year.

And Ribs played well during the playoffs, after Koivu got injured pretty much the whole team fizzled. Looking at all the second line centres in the NHL, ribs is pretty well in the middle of the pack as far as talent and capabilities. His old reviews were seeing him as a future #1 if he bulked up and picked up some speed; but he didn't so he's a #2. I'd love to have him fill out and work on his speed and really dominate. It would be nice to see someone with more talent and physical domanance but we don't have anyone who's ready to do that. So we have to deal with it, especially if Koivu's not coming back at 100%. We'll need Ribs really badly.
Whoa there bud. I support Ribs as a 2nd line C but damn, to say Plek is still AHL material is hogwash. He is definitely ready for NHL duty. He could play 2nd C, and he's already great playing 3,4 (depending on which line the grinders play...). Pleky with the young guns playing beside him is in my opinion, potent. Could be like the 2nd line (Dag-Ribs-Ryder) of 03-04. No one saw it coming (out side Hab fans that is). I say, keep Ribs on 2nd with the veterans, and let Pleky, Perez and others dominate the third line. Could be an awesome year

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote