View Single Post
03-30-2013, 10:22 AM
vCash: 844
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I think people should stop thinking about what they feel EJ should be and instead accept what he is. That way he stops being a 'problem' that has to be dealt with.

He's a pretty good defender on a great contract. Avs don't have to do anything but keep playing him. He's probably never going to be a 40+ point guy for us but he's going to be a mobile guy with excellent defense. The better players we get in the other five spots, the better Avs will be defensively. He and Tyson Barrie are the only two keepers we have. Entertaining the idea of trading any of them at this stage is just fan silliness.

The constant focus on EJ and the trade is bizarre.
Agreed, I think it's still because of who they gave up, but I'm sorry, Kevin Shattenkirk, as GOOD of a player as he is, I don't believe that his Defensive game would have grown with the Avalanche. A lot of posters forget the missteps/rookie mistakes that he had, and they forget that he got out-muscled a lot in the corners for loose pucks.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a huge Shattenkirk fan, but no one will convince me otherwise that he's not benefitting from a great system with Hitchcock, and playing with one of the better Defensemen in the league in Pietrangelo

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote