View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Lebowski

vCash: 500
I think it's great for us to get ahead of our rebuilding phase like that. It's actually very reminiscent of the Philly rebuild after they drafted JVR. However, we need to face reality here. Finishing high in the standings does not mean we are a true contender. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable facing any of the top 8 team in the playoffs. We're a good team, but we're not a power-house yet. I don't think we are on equal footing with the likes of Pittsburgh, Boston, Chicago or Vancouver, for example.

What we have here is the perfect occasion to build a perenial contender. We have a solid core on our team and they are all still relatively young. We have one of the best prospect pool in the league and we have a lot of picks in the upcoming draft. I believe we should keep all of those picks and develop even more our already solid pool. The day the Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Eller, Beaulieu, Tinordi and cie start to be true impact players (I would think in the next 2 or 3 years), that's when I think it will be time to add complementary pieces for a deep cup run.

As of right now, I think we still cruely lack top end talent up front. Clowe and Jagr won't solve that problem, and bringing them here won't turn us into cup contenders either. We'll just waste assets that could have been much more profitable to trade away in two or three years. If you're lucky enough, you might end up drafting impact players with that abundance of picks. Subban was a 2nd rounder.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote