Old
03-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
That was my thought.

Filppula is a UFA this summer, but if the Rangers are looking to unload some capspace, I think he might be someone you'd want to re-sign. He plays C and wing, but puts up his best numbers on the wing.

Not sure what the + would be, but probably not a 1st round pick after we surrendered one last season in a trade, but a we have plenty of good forward prospects at the moment.

Not to mention Ian White who is also on an expiring contract, but I think he would fit in well with the NYR if you're looking for a PMD who's also plays with some grit. He also has a right handed shot. Not that there's any sense in trying to persuade a bunch of fans on a message board (unless your GM is a poster), but White is a good player and I'm pretty shocked that Babcock scratched him for some games this season. I think it had to do with the team having so much youth on expiring contracts and wanting to see what they have in this shortened season.
Doesn't seem terrible for us, and I was basing it on the assumption that we would retain Filpulla. He could play 2nd or 3rd line and add nice depth. Detroit just seems like a good match for Gabby. He also had good chemistry with Datsyuk in the ASG. Not real worried about him turning into a Ranger killer or anything I mean he already scored 5 on us when he was with Minny it can't get much worse. Flip is older than I thought, so I think we definitely need a future back as well. But as a starting point I like it.