View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Nobody claimed he would already competing for the Norris. That is a happy turn of events, and a lower contract relieved Subban of some pressure that was impeding his play.
Actually I did. Feel free to check my posts. I've been saying he was going to be a Norris contender for a while now. As soon as this year? Maybe not but it was going to happen. He's improved year over year and despite last year's low point totals he still played really well. After last season you had to know he was going to have a great career.

Even if it didn't though, he was certainly well worth the 5 mil he was asking for. It was more than fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Subban performs best when it comes naturally to him, not when he is forcing plays. Subban started on the 3rd pairing this year, and gained tons of maturity to achieve his current level of play. Who's to say the heavy pressure of a big contract wouldn't have lingered?
I don't doubt Subban's motivation. Nor do I doubt his capacity to step up in times of need. I only doubt his capacity to master himself when things aren't going his way. He used to try too much, and it bit him in the ass.

It's the Taxi Driver dilemma all over again.
There's no basis to make this claim. I see no reason to believe he would've been any different. And even if he played like he did last year I'd have been more than happy paying him 5 mil a year.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote