View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 12:06 PM
park rangers
Optimist

vCash: 500
I've been vacationing and part time living in Myrtle for 20 years. Horry is really a transplant type county as well as a heavy tourist county. The golf courses/beaches attract people from all over America.

People from Pittsburgh, Ohio, NY/NJ, and Quebec have a very noticeable presence all year round. You'll see a bunch of Pittsburgh sports bars (some have the Steelers logo on the outside of them) and you shouldn't have any trouble finding NY sports bars. I've mostly been in myrtle but in Conway and other towns I've seen a few when I pass by.

At the one golf course I always play at, the clubhouse guys have name tags that also say their hometown. Every single guy that works there is either from NY or Pennsylvania save for maybe 2 guys.

You shouldn't really feel like an outsider when you move there. But don't bring a NY attitude or try rushing through traffic (mistakes I originally made). The pace there is very slow and casual and people go out of there way to be nice.

I'm sure you'll love it and good luck! enjoy those free beaches too (damn you NJ beaches)

park rangers is offline   Reply With Quote