View Single Post
03-30-2013, 11:21 AM
HFBoards Sponsor
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
I believe the Avs should be very careful about trading offensive talented defensemen. Else they might find themselves having a tough time scoring from the blueline someday.

I'm especially hesitant to trade offensively talented defensemen, because right now the team doesn't have one producing anything outside of the player we're talking about trading (Barrie), and we've all seen what can happen when a team dumps one or two such players without proven guys coming in to replace them. I'm kind of surprised we're even discussing this, honestly (BTW, the second worst team in the NHL currently has 10 goals from its blueline - the Avs have 2).

If Elliott and Barrie are both good enough to play regularly in the NHL in a few years, I see nothing on earth wrong with both of them playing in the same lineup. It all depends on the rest of the defensive roster.

And BTW, I know Jones would be a hell of a catch for the Avs, but there's no guarantee that he'd be ready for NHL defense right off the bat.
Agree. EJ, Barrie and Elliott on the right side is pretty good as long as the left side is dealt with. We already know that Barrie plays very well with Hejda. Siemens and Elliott were great together in the WHL. Will that pairing work in the NHL? Time will tell I guess. So once more we are left with finding a top pairing guy to play with EJ and we could be set. On the other end maybe Siemens will be that guy and we just need to find somebody else to play with Elliott on the 3rd line. Beaupre maybe? He is having a very good year with LEM. IMO that's too many rookies.

AllAboutAvs is offline   Reply With Quote