View Single Post
03-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Fire Walk With Roy
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Of course. But I think the divergence in our directions here, comes in that I never once attributed Duchene's excellent year to the existence of Parenteau. They have chemistry together, without a doubt, which is great, but the thought that Duchene raised his game only after Parenteau raised his, never crossed my mind until reading your post.

Rather, I attributed Duchene's excellent season to his rededicating himself to his conditioning, his stopping trying to do it alone on the ice and instead use his teammates, and overall maturity with which he approaches the game.

In other words, I give them both credit for their own good play. Like I'd give them either/both blame for their own poor play, if that were to transpire. Which in general, is how I also approach EJ's play, good or bad.
There's no way Dutchy would have had as much success, and been confident enough to be playing the way he has without PAP. Almost all breakaways he's got, or passes he's received right on the tape while he's skating at full speed are from PAP.

His off ice training was huge as well, but Dutchy is just as particular with who he plays with as EJ is. It's not the worst thing in the world, if you know they're capable of playing at such a high level, and you can add the right complimentary piece to help them do so.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote