View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
We need not pass. We dump, chase, block shots and grind. Passing is so overrated.
Jam?

We need not be CCCP anno 1985, but you gotta draw a line somewhere. There is no reason we should be the worst drilled team in the league.

Torts loves to trash his players and blame it all on them. But this is the worst drilled team I've seen in a long time. We are ten years behind as always. We model Calgary of 03-04 ten years too late. Nieminen, Lowry, Yelle and co starred for them, sure there is no denying that, but the game have changed. Look at that young kid in Tampa, there was zero room for players like him in the NHL ten years ago.

A teams like Boston is very well drilled and use the entire ice when they have the puck to always get it deep and put pressure on the other team with their big bodies. We don't mind giving the puck away to avoid making misstakes. We are down right horrible at passing the puck, which shows on the PP.

I've said for a long time that it's not Torts fault that we don have a good PP. I stand by that. But the problem is not that our PP is not "good", it's the worst in the NHL. I am sorry, I know many loves Torts and his tough act, but that is just not acceptable. You can't have the roster he have and ice by far the worst PP in the NHL.

He needs to change his approach some, but his ego is just to big for him to look up and see that the coaches around him has found new ways. He will continue to blame it all on his players and trash them publically.