View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 01:29 PM
ltsthinaz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Congrats on the move.

I don't have much to offer you in the way of advice because up until this point I've been exactly the guy who doesn't have the balls to give up the relative comfort I have established here for the greener pastures I think exist elsewhere. That said, I'm getting hitched in a couple of weeks and the wife and I are pretty set on moving to Portland, Oregon. Like others have mentioned, there is so much technology now that leaving behind your favorite things/teams is really a non issue.

Thanks to everyone that's contributed their stories about getting the metro area as well. Further cementing my belief that it's the right thing to do.
Congrats on the wedding, Portland is a beautiful city, though taxes and housing prices are high there as well, the latter because of very strict zoning laws (central planning of the kind you find in New York).

In the last twenty years, fully 10% of New Yorkers have left the NY metro area - NY has slightly increased its population purely due to immigrants moving there. I'm sure that trend will only increase over the next few years.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote