View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Your analysis of Oil fans is insulting, and incorrect. Oiler fans recognize the need for big two way forwards and defensemen. We also recognize that Jay Bouwmeester has never made a lick of difference on his team, and his contract is 3-4 million overpaid. We don't need those kind of contracts. We need to be the type of team that can take a contract or two from a team with cap trouble this summer. That's how we got Pronger. I don't expect another Pronger level player, but I think we can hope for better than Bouwmeester.
I think the point is that Oilers fans (and management, it seems) are picky to a fault about when they come out of the tank. It's like a hibernating bear; it's Spring now, but the Oilers don't think it's warm enough for them, so they're going to hibernate until it's the absolute exact right temperature in their opinions. The problem is that it might be Fall before they come out of it. The Oilers might miss their window because they're obsessed with building the team they want and not the team that's available.

Guru Meditation is online now   Reply With Quote