View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Paralyzer008

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ryan View Post
I mean yeah but that's the offseason, and my comment was generally referring to the trade deadline. I dont think we should be quick to make moves because at this point we are neither buyers nor sellers. I would be perfectly OK if we continued with the roster we have and played out the season (unless an offer too good to refuse comes but meh).

The way I see it is everyone wants us to sell Whitney so we dont lose him to UFA. Well I think it's justifiable to keep him. He has been playing well, and there's a small chance we can sneak into the playoffs. It's not like a late second rounder will amount to anything anyway. It also sends the message to the team that "this is not our year" which may be true, but if you become sellers, you've already admitted defeat.

Let's just deal with it in the off season
Deep draft, so that late second rounder may have early second rounder value, which is great as long as we aren't drafting Moroz.

I agree with the message comment (Craig Button told his story of how he didn't trade Tommy Albelin because of that), maybe Tambo attempts to trade some of these rentals, like Whitney, for players that can play now.