View Single Post
03-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Clearly it's Lovejoy
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I feel like, prior to today and maybe recently? Cooke has been better at offensive things than Cooke-like things. I don't feel like he's been great on the PK or on the boards or throwing the body around or even in the defensive zone, where he's had more than one blind pass turnover to the center of the ice.
Well until very recently, the entire PK sucked. It wasn't just Cooke. They were one of the worst in the league. That takes a team effort.

And throwing the body around, again, he is 4th on the team in hits. And they are clean hits.

As far as puck responsibility,he has actually been one of the better players on the team as far as giveaways are concerned, with only 9 so far this season. Now that is one of those subjective stats so it can be a bit misleading, but to put it into perspective, the team leaders are Letang with 32, Crosby with 28, then Malkin with 17. Comparing that to time-on-ice, Cooke averages 1 turnover for every ~60 minutes of TOI, while Letang and Crosby average 1 per every ~22 minutes of TOI.

As far as turnovers, Cooke has been far more responsible with the puck than a lot of guys on the roster. I think that may also have something to do with the cross-ice passing. I can't actually recall being pissed at Cooke for trying to pass cross-ice and having it picked off (mainly because I don't recall him attempting them all that much). That was more a problem with the top-6 I think. I haven't noticed them all that much lately though, which is a good thing.

JQR is offline   Reply With Quote