View Single Post
Old
03-30-2013, 05:36 PM
SA16
Two by two...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I don't expect Gabby to put points up in every game. His career is one big streaky jumble. I'd say Nash is more complete because he will throw down a check, he'll drop the gloves to defend himself, he can carry the puck in the offensive zone by himself. He draws opposing defensive schemes to him and opens up the ice for his line mates. He's just more dynamic. Hell, according to half this board, Gaborik can't even tie his own skates if he is playing on the LW as opposed to RW. (Hyperbole as I think its asinine too, but you get the jist).
But what I want to know is what does that do? If he opens up ice for his linemates shouldn't we be seeing him racking up an incredible amounts of assists? Or is the team just going to get lots of goals with him on the ice that he doesn't get points on (Could compute this but I doubt it's tracked and it would take a lot of time to come up with). He most certainly is more dynamic and is clearly more exciting to watch but I just don't see all that stuff actually leading to more goals. By drop the gloves I assume you mean just push people around post whistle and such? Because I have no clue if he's fought before but him fighting would be a huge net negative to the team.